Thursday, October 2, 2014

WA show excites Greek superstar - The Australian


Greek pop superstar Anna Vissi can't wait to meet her Perth fans when she makes her WA debut this week.
Affectionately referred to as the Kylie Minogue of Greece, the charismatic singer has nearly 40 years experience as a performer and has released 30 albums during her illustrious career.
Vissi, who recorded On A Night Like This six months before Minogue took on the hit single, will step into the spotlight at HBF Stadium in Mt Claremont on Friday.
"It's always good to go somewhere people miss you and they haven't seen you for a while," the 56-year-old told Access All Areas.
"It's so great because it's my first time and I'm going to be performing before an enthusiastic Greek audience."
When it comes to choosing a setlist, Vissi has a huge back catalogue of songs to choose from, some of which are more appealing to her than others.
"I love all of my songs although I'm a bit bored of a few because I've been doing them for a long time," she said.
"When I get bored of my songs I change the orchestration and take it somewhere else so that it makes it fresh for me."
The singer hopes to impress fans with help from a 15-piece band of traditional Greek musicians.
"It's an adventurous team," Vissi said. "There will be a lot of musicians and some backing vocals; it's a big group actually.
"It's a very Greek thing if I may say - we're used to that."
Tickets for Vissi's Perth performance are available from Ticketmaster.
au.news.yahoo.com

No comments: